You might be coming across a lot of activity what you consider as a crime in your locality.
- As a dutiful Indian you can't tolerate this anymore.
- You decide to inform police but you do not know how and to whom.
- Here we teach you how to become a Crime Buster Yourself
Information is vital for the success of any police operation against the criminals. We consider passing information to the police is one of the most sacred duties of a citizen.
At the same time, we regard the safety of the Crime Buster to be more than that of ours.
We give handsome rewards to the law abiding citizens who give us information about ongoing crime or any major racket if it turns out to be true.
What can you inform ?
- About the persons who are amassing property disproportionate to their legal sources of income
- About organized crimes like fake documents, human trafficking, illegal organ transplantation rackets, sex rackets, drug peddling, explosives, possession or exhibition or use of deadly weapons like knives, daggers, hunting sickles and fire arms and credit cards scams, etc
- Adulteration of foods, medicines, seeds, fertilizers and fuels, scams in weights and measures etc.
- Major financial frauds like bank frauds, chit fund frauds, multilevel marketing or money circulation schemes, tax evasion etc
- Stolen golden ornaments, vehicle, mobile, laptop rackets etc.
- Job Offer frauds, visa frauds.
- Terrorist activity like collection of explosives, doubtful tenants, suspicious persons etc
- Counterfeit (fake) Currency
- Any murder plots or extortion and kidnapping gangs
- Illegal activities of Rowdy Sheeters viz., extortions, land grabbings, eve teasing, collection of Rowdy mamools and intimidating the people.
- Information about illegal Immigrants like Bangladeshis, Pakistanis etc.
How to inform?
As emphasized earlier, information is vital to control crime in the city. But it is equally important that the citizens take all precautions while passing such vital information. Let's examine those precautions now
- Try to gather as much information as possible without getting exposed. You can use a lot of covers to accomplish this like their member, customer, marketing executives etc depending on the situation.
- Generally police require information about the identity of the suspect, his habits, contact numbers, associates, hideouts, vehicles, movements, weaknesses etc
- Always have a cover story ready for your actions
- Identify the policemen in your locality who are capable of handling such information. Make some clandestine enquiries. Search for those who are efficient, composed, do not boast, ask you to meet him in his office
- Call such policeman and give him some information about a sample case without revealing your identity and watch how he/she responds. If there is no proper response meet his higher ups secretly under some cover and brief them.
- Once you get confidence then try to meet him at a safe place alone where your identity is not exposed and also request the police officer(s) to turn up without getting exposed after taking all precautions.
- Always use a Code name/ pseudo name when you talk to Police officer.
- Use public telephone booths till you get full confidence on the policemen who are handling the information.
- Try to memorize the numbers of the police officers instead of having them in contacts list of your cell phone.
- Program your cell phone in such a way that when you call your number is not displayed in the recipient's phone.
- Always delete details in call register/log after you called the policemen.
- You can also create an email ID exclusively for this and give information from a cyber cafe without revealing your identity.
- Always use a trustworthy back up in case of your absence
- Spell out clearly what you expect out of passing this information to the police
- If you do not get the suitable reward you have a right to complain to his superior officers about this
- Secrecy is the most important aspect in informing police
- Never brag (indulge in loose talk) about your information to police.
- Always avoid talking about police when you are in a drinks party. You might slip out vital info that might put you in risk.
- Never befriend with someone who might wittingly or unwittingly expose your dutiful act.
- Never boast about your relationship with the police publicly or privately and never promise others that you will get their work done through the police officer you know.
- Never reveal your relationship with the police officer even to other policemen unless you are forced to.
- Being informant is not an occupation; hence never introduce yourself as an Informant.
- Never talk to policemen publicly about your information.
- Never reveal your Code name and your actions even to your close relatives and friends.
- If a police officer is reckless in handling, call off your relationship with him and complain to his superiors.
- Never give false information to police to take revenge on those with whom you have differences.
- Never try to cheat police when you meet them. Always remember, Police are trained to test information which they develop.
- Never abuse your relationship with the police and indulge in crime yourself for a gain.
- If you come across someone who has successfully informed about some crime to the police in your friends circle or your locality, just ignore him. Do not unnecessarily talk about it. Be proud of him.
- It s always exciting to get publicly acknowledged, but strictly avoid publicity to the brave act you have done.
- Never show off with your reward. That might expose you.